1 cup evaporated cane juice, or light brown sugar, or palm sugar
3/4 cup raw organic unsweetened cocoa powder (verify soy free)
1/2 cup millet flour, or sorghum flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour, or white rice flour
1/4 cup tapioca starch, or potato starch
1-1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/4 cups water or milk of choice
1/4 cup pure olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup finely ground soy-free vegan chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- Place oven rack in middle of oven and preheat to 350 degrees F; line an 8" cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat paper with pure olive oil; set aside.
- Using a blender or food processor (or kitchen mallet) finely grind chocolate chips; set aside until called for.
- In an airtight container combine evaporated cane juice, cocoa powder, millet flour, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, sea salt, and baking soda; place on lid and shake vigorously to combine; pour into mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl combine water, oil, and vanilla; add to mixing bowl and beat into dry mix to form even batter.
- Add finely ground chocolate chips (from step 2); fold into batter just to combine.
- Scoop batter into prepared cake pan and smooth out top; place in preheated 350 degree F oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove pan to wire cooling rack; cool cake complately in pan; turn out cake, peel off parchement and frost or immediately serve.
Prep: 15 minutes
Preheat 350 degress F
Baking time: 35 minutes
1/4 cup boiling water
1/2 cup evaporated cane juice, or light brown sugar, or palm sugar
1 tablespoon egg replacer powder
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter of choice, or nut or seed butter of choice, or bean butter
1/4 cup palm shortening
OPTIONAL GARNISH: 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chopped nuts or seeds of choice.
- In mixing bowl combine boiling water, evaporated cane juice, egg replacer powder, vanilla, and sea salt; beat on low, slowly raising speed to high - beat on high for 1 minute.
- Add creamy peanut butter and palm shortening; beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Frost cake; store any extra frosting in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days; beat prior to using.