3/4 cup GF oat flour, packed firmly
3/4 cup brown rice flour
3/4 cup millet flour
1-1/4 cups cornstarch or potato starch
1 cup tapioca starch
1/3 cup cane sugar
2 tablespoons plus 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
4 teaspoons xanthan gum
2 teaspoons sea salt
1. Combine all dry ingredients in an airtight container and shake vigorously. Pour into food processor bowl or large bowl; set aside.
1 cup earth balance, diced and frozen
2. Using the food processor on pulse mode, add frozen earth balance to form pea-sized shaggy dough. If not using a food processor, cut frozen fat into dry mix using a pastry cutter.
1-1/4 cups milk of choice, or water
2 eggs, or 2 teaspoons egg replacer powder
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3. Combine wet ingredients, being sure to thoroughly beat the egg.
4. Add wet to dry and mix just to form dough.
5. Turn dough out onto gf-floured surface and roll to 1/4" thick.
6. Cut dough into desired shapes; place on parchment lined baking sheets; set aside to rise.
1 cup cottage cheese or pureed white beans (if canned, rinse well before processing)
1/4 cup cane sugar
1 egg yolk, or 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 sea salt
2 tablespoons tapioca flour
7. Prepare the filling by combining cottage cheese, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, sea salt, and tapioca flour in food process and process until smooth.
8. Using a tablespoon, place cheese mixture into center of each pastry; shape pastry around filling to prevent the filling from spreading all over and off the pastry.
9. Place in preheated 450 degrees F oven on the center rack and bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven to cooling rack.