1-1/2 cups Cannellini (white kidney) beans, washed and drained
2 tablespoons pure olive oil, or grapeseed oil
2 tablespoons agave nectar, or honey, or light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Drain beans into colander; thoroughly wash; shake off excess water.
- In food processor or blender combine beans, olive oil, agave nectar, and sea salt; blend until smooth.
- Add more oil if mixture comes together into a ball instead of smoothing out into paste. (The whole process should take only a few minutes.)
- Refrigerate in airtight container up to 5 days.
- Use wherever cashew or nut butters are called for, in equal quantity.
Servings: 1-1/2 cups
Prep Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: None
To replace Cannellini beans: omit Cannellini beans; add Navy beans, or Pinto beans, or black-eyed peas in same quantity as called for; proceed with recipe as stated.