3/4 cup GF oat flour, packed when measured
3/4 cup evaporated cane juice or granulated sweetener of choice
1/2 cup potato starch
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1/4 cup rice flour (white or brown)
1-1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1-1/2 cups mashed fresh fruit, such as banana, strawberry, small diced apples, peaches, or pears, etc.
1/3 cup pure olive oil or oil of choice
1/4 cup milk of choice or water
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place baking rack in center of oven and preheat to 350F; line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease each well generously with palm shortening; set aside.
- In an airtight container combine GF oat flour, evaporated cane juice, potato starch, tapioca starch, rice flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt; place on lid and shake vigorously to combine; pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare fruit by either mashing or dicing.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the prepared fruit and its juice into the center of the well.
- Add olive oil, milk of choice and vanilla; beat with a spoon just until evenly mixed.
- Using a 1/4-cup measure, fill each well with batter. Place filled tin immediately into preheated 350F oven and bake at least 25 minutes and up to 45 minutes (for apples) - be sure to check for doneness by lightly pressing in the center of a muffin, if it bounces back, it is done.
- Remove tin to wire rack to cool muffins in pan for 5 minutes; remove muffins from pan to wire cooling rack to cool completely prior to icing or storage.
Servings: 12 standard-size muffins
Prep time: 15 minutes
Preheat: 350 degrees F
Baking time: 25 - 45 minutes
- When using apples, bake for 35 minutes then check for doneness. Also be sure to dice the apples up small.
- Most fruits will benefit from the additional of cinnamon and sugar dusting on muffin tops prior to baking.