1-1/2 cups unsweetened coconut shreds or flakes
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 tablespoon sunflower oil, or oil of choice
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup millet flour or sorghum flour or GF oat flour or buckwheat flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour, or white rice flour, or millet flour
1/4 cup GF oat flour, or pure rice bran, or GF quick-cooking oats (Bob's Red Mill)
1/4 cup tapioca starch, or cornstarch, or potato starch, or arrowroot starch
2 teaspoons egg replacer powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1-1/4 cups packed light brown sugar, or evaporated cane juice, or granulated sweetener of choice
1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup pure olive oil or oil of choice
2 tablespoons rice milk, or milk of choice, or water
1-1/2 cups GF granola of choice
1 cup soy-free vegan chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- Place oven baking rack into middle of oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F; lightly coat a 9x13" rimmed baking sheet with pure olive oil then dust with GF oat flour or GF flour of choice.
- In a bowl, whisk together coconut, powdered sugar, oil and water; set aside for at least 10 minutes to rehydrate coconut.
- In an airtight container, combine millet flour, brown rice flour, GF oat flour, tapioca starch, egg replacer powder, xanthan gum, baking powder and sea salt; place on lid and shake vigorously to combine.
- In mixing bowl, beat together light brown sugar, applesauce and rice milk; beat with electric mixer set on high for 1 minute.
- Add dry mixture to bowl and beat to combine; add granola and chocolate chips; beat just to combine.
- Spread dough into prepared rimmed baking sheet, sprinkle on prepared coconut and place on middle rack in a preheated 350 degree oven; bake for 27 - 30 minutes, or until coconut is nicely browned.
Servings: 20 bars
Prep time: 15 minutes
Preheat: 350 degrees F
Baking time: 27 to 30 minutes