THIS RECIPE CONTAINS EGGS!
Despite the above statement, I did indeed develop this recipe and I know God was watching cause I only had to make this one batch - and whala! awesome, delicious, I'll regret it later, Lemon Bars!
1/2 cup millet flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup GF oat flour or almond meal
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup evaporated cane juice (cane sugar)
1 tablespoon brown rice flour
1 tablespoon tapioca starch
1 teaspoon freshly-grated lemon rind
1/2 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice (from about 3 medium lemons)
2 large eggs
1 egg white
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place oven rack in middle of oven. Lightly oil an 8" baking dish.
- In an airtight container combine millet flour, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, powdered sugar, GF oat flour, and sea salt; place on lid and shake to combine. Pour the bowl of a food processor.
- Add olive oil, a tablespoon at a time, pulsing to between each addition; the mixture will appear like large peas. Pour crust out into prepared baking dish; press into bottom of dish and to meet all sides.
- Place baking dish in preheated 350 degree F oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine evaporated cane juice, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, grated lemon rind, lemon juice eggs and egg white; beat with wire whisk to combine and to dissolve sugar completely.
- Remove crust from oven; reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Pour lemon egg mixture over crust and return to oven; bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven to wire rack to cool completely prior to refrigeratating for at least 2 hours.
Yield: 12 - 16 bars
Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days.