1/3 cup GF rolled oats (not quick oats)
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon GF oat flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
2 tablespoons chopped pecans, or walnuts, or almonds, or GF rolled oats
4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, or oil of choice
- In container with tight-fitting lid, combine rolled oats, sugar, oat flour, cinnamon, sea salt, and chopped nuts; place on lid and shake vigorously to combine.
- Add oil, replace lid and shake to coat all with oil; set aside to prepare batter.
1/2 cup GF oat flour, or millet flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour, or white rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch, or 3 tablespoons arrowroot starch
1/2 cup tapioca starch, or cornstarch
4 teaspoons egg replacer powder
1-1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup light brown sugar, or granulated sweetener of choice
1/4 cup olive oil, or oil of choice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, or vinegar of choice
1-1/3 cups water or milk of choice
- Place oven baking rack in middle position; preheat oven to 350 degrees F; using palm shortening lightly grease a large loaf pan, dust with flour of choice (such as GF oat flour or brown rice flour), tap out excess and set aside.
- In large airtight container combine GF oat flour, brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, egg replacer powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, sea salt and baking powder; place on lid and shake to combine; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine light brown sugar, oil, vanilla extract and vinegar; beat with mixer set on high for 30 seconds; add dry ingredients from step #2; beat on high for 30 seconds, add water then beat for 2 minutes on high.
- Scoop one third of the batter into prepared loaf pan and spread evenly; sprinkle on one third of the streusel; repeat this process two more times, ending with streusel on top. If desired, swirl batter gently with a butter knife.
- Place loaf in 350 degree F preheated oven on middle rack and bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove pan to wire cooling rack and cool in pan for 10 minutes; run a sharp knife around the inside of loaf pan to loosen bread; turn pan over onto wire rack and release loaf to rack to continue cooling. Once completely cooled, wrap loaf tightly in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator or at room temperature up to 5 days.
Prep: 15 minutes
Preheat: 350 degrees F
Bake Time: 55 minutes
Cooling time: wait at least 30 minutes to slice, and at least 1 hour before wrapping to store.