1 cup tapioca flour, or cornstarch, or arrowroot starch, or potato starch
3/4 cup sweet rice flour, or white rice flour, or brown rice flour
1/4 cup millet flour, or garbanzo bean flour, or almond meal
2 tablespoons DariFree powder
2 teaspoons xanthan gum, or 1-1/2 teaspoons guar gum
2 teaspoons egg replacer powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup cane sugar, or light brown sugar
6 tablespoons grapeseed oil, or pure olive oil, or oil of choice
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon GF vanilla extract
- In airtight container combine tapioca flour, sweet rice flour, millet flour, DariFree powder, xanthan gum, egg replacer powder, baking powder, and sea salt; place on lid; shake vigorously to combine and to introduce air; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat together with an electric mixer cane sugar, grapeseed oil, water, and vanilla; beat 1 minute on medium high.
- Add dry ingredients to wet; beat to create coarse meal.
- Turn out onto parchment paper; press to form dough ball; split into two balls; flatten into discs; wrap separately with parchment paper; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Place oven baking rack to second position; preheat oven to 350F; line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from refrigerator; roll to 1/4" thick; punch out desired shapes; place cookies on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place in preheated 350F oven; bake 10 minutes; remove from oven; cool cookies on sheet 2 minutes; remove cookies to cooling rack; cool completely prior to icing or storage.
Ice with Royal Icing.
Servings: 24 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus 1 hour
Cook Time: 10 minutes
To omit DariFree powder: omit DariFree powder; use milk of choice in place of water as called for.
To use egg: omit egg replacer powder; reduce liquid to 2 tablespoons; beat 1 egg in during step 2.