2 cups garbanzo bean flour, or millet flour, or brown rice flour, or garfava flour
1-1/4 cups tapioca starch, or potato starch, or arrowroot starch
1/2 cup GF oat flour, or pure rice bran, or almond flour
4 teaspoons xanthan gum, or 3 teaspoons guar gum, or 3 teaspoons arrowroot starch
3-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup dark brown sugar, or brown sugar, or cane sugar
1/2 cup agave nectar, or honey, or maple syrup
1/2 cup pure olive oil, or grapeseed oil
1/2 cup water, boiling
1/4 cup DariFree powder
- In airtight container combine garbanzo bean flour, tapioca starch, GF oat flour, xanthan gum, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and baking soda; place on lid; shake vigorously to combine and to introduce air; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl combine dark brown sugar, agave nectar, and pure olive oil; using electric mixer beat on high 2 minutes.
- Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil; remove from heat; whisk in DariFree powder; set aside.
- Add 1/2 dry mixture to sugar mix; beat on high 1 minute; add prepared DariFree; beat on high 1 minute; add remaining dry mixture; beat on high 1 minute.
- Turn dough out onto parchment paper; split into two discs; wrap in parchment paper; place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Remove chilled dough; roll to 1/4" thick; punch out cookies in desired shapes; place cut cookies about 1" apart on parchment-lined baking sheet; place parchment paper over top, making as many layers as needed to use up all the dough; store in refrigerator at least 20 minutes prior to baking.
- Place oven rack into second position; preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; place on single layer of cookies, about 1" apart; bake 12 minutes in preheated 350°F oven.
- Remove sheet to cooking rack; cool 5 minutes on sheet; remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
Prep Time: 75 min
Cooking Time: 12 min
To replace DariFree powder: omit DariFree powder; use 1/2 cup cream of choice.
To replace olive oil: omit olive oil; use 3/4 butter of choice (1/2 cup of any Earth Balance).