2 cup cubed Sandwich Bread
2 cups cubed Breakfast Bread
1 cup GF chicken broth, or GF broth of choice, or water, or milk of choice
1 cup water, or milk of choice
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons melted soy-free vegan buttery spread (Earth Balance), or butter or margarine of choice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 fresh ground black pepper
1 leek, washed and finely sliced
2 medium carrots, finely diced
2 stalks celery, finely diced
grapeseed oil to saute leek, carrot, celery
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F; place baking rack into first position.
- Cube breads; spread over parchment lined baking sheet; place into preheated 425 degree F oven; bake on top rack for 10 minutes; remove from oven to cool.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat; add grapeseed oil; add prepared leek, carrot, and celery; saute until soft, about 7 minutes; remove from heat to cool.
- In bowl combine water, chicken broth, melted Earth Balance, applesauce, sea salt, and black pepper; stir to combine.
- In large mixing bowl, combine bread cubes, sauteed vegetables, and applesauce mixture; stir to combine and to create wet sloppy mixture.
- Pour into greased baking pan; lay split chicken or small turkey on top; place on fourth rack in preheated 425 degree F oven until bird is cooked through.
Preheat: 425 degrees F
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours - 4 hours (depends on the poultry you are cooking)
Use 6 cups cubed GF bread of choice.
To use egg: omit applesauce; add 1 beaten egg during step 4.
To use milk: replace water with milk of choice.