1-1/4 cups tapioca starch, or cornstarch, or arrowroot starch
1/2 cup GF oat flour, or pure rice bran, or quinoa flour
1/4 cup potato starch, or garbanzo bean flour
1/4 cup DariFree powder, or dry milk powder of choice
2 tablespoons cane sugar, or light brown sugar, or agave nectar (add to wet ingredients)
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 tablespoon xanthan gum, or 2 teaspoons guar gum, or 2 teaspoons arrowroot starch
2 teaspoons egg replacer powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon agar powder, or unflavored gelatin
1-1/2 cups 110-115°F water
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, or pure olive oil, or high heat oil of choice
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, or coconut vinegar, or rice bran vinegar
- Place baking rack into third position; preheat oven to 350 degrees F; heavily grease 2-pound loaf pan with palm shortening; set aside.
- In airtight container combine brown rice flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, GF oat flour, DariFree powder, light brown sugar, yeast, xanthan gum, egg replacer, sea salt, and agar powder; place on lid; shake vigorously to combine and to introduce air; set aside.
- Heat water to 115°F; stir in grapeseed oil and apple cider vinegar.
- In large mixing bowl, combine dry mixture with wet ingredients; beat with electric mixer set on high for 3 minutes.
- Place batter into greased loaf pan; place pan on top of preheating oven to rise 30 minutes.
- Gently brush top of loaf generously with grapeseed oil.
- Place loaf into preheated oven on third rack; bake 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven; turn bread out of pan onto wire cooling rack.
- Cook; wrap tightly in plastic; store at room temperature up to 3 days.
Preheat: 350 degrees F
Prep: 15 minutes; rise time 30 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
To use liquid sweetener: omit granulated sweetener; add 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener, such as agave nectar or honey, to wet ingredients.
To use eggs: omit egg replacer powder; reduce water to 1-1/4 cups; beat 2 eggs then incorporate during step 4.
To omit DariFree powder: omit DariFree powder; use milk of choice in place of water.
To omit yeast: omit active dry yeast; to dry ingredients add 1-3/4 teaspoons baking soda, 3-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar, and an additional 1 teaspoon of sea salt; proceed with recipe as stated.
Using palm shortening heavily grease a 12-well muffin tin; add 3 - 4 tablespoons batter to each well; place in warm area to rise 20 minutes; brush gently with olive oil; place in preheated 350 degree F oven; bake 25 - 30 minutes, or until well browned; remove from oven to wire rack; cool then serve.
Coat parchment paper with brown rice flour; place 1/4 batter onto paper; roll gently to coat in flour until you can gingerly handle batter; form into patties; place each onto parchment lined baking sheet; continue until all dough is formed into patties; set in warm place to rise 20 minutes; using a very sharp knife gently mark an "X" into top of each roll; coat with oil; place in preheated 350 degree F oven; bake 25 - 30 minutes, or until well browned; remove from oven to wire rack; cool then serve.