3 cups organic short grain brown rice (Lundberg®), prepared
1-1/2 cups finely chopped or grated vegetables of choice, such as carrots, onions, peas, jicama, yucca root, potato of choice
2 cups GF breadcrumbs (GF Sandwich Bread)
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to-taste
2 tablespoons pure olive oil, or coconut oil, or lard, or palm oil, or butter of choice
- Prepare brown rice; set aside to cool.
- Clean then chop or shred vegetables.
- In large bowl, combine GF breadcrumbs, vegetables, sea salt, and black pepper; mix to incorporate; fold in prepared rice.
- Using clean hands, form mixture into 3/4”-patties (using scant 3/4-cup mixture per patty).
- Place skillet over medium-high heat; add pure olive oil; place patties into hot skillet; fry 8 minutes, flip, fry 8 minutes.
- Serve alone, on sliced GF bread along with toppings like lettuce, tomatoes and onions, or as protein alongside a large salad.
To cook frozen patties: remove desired patties from freezer; place in cold skillet set over medium heat. When skillet is hot, add pure olive oil; cook patties 8 minutes per side, or until cooked through; serve immediately.
Servings: about 24 patties
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 16 min
Omit 3 cups short grain brown rice; add 3 cups rice pilaf, or 3 cups spicy rice; proceed with recipe as stated.