8 ounces rice noodles, or noodles of choice
Lard for sautéing meat, or pure olive oil, or coconut oil, or butter of choice
1 pound meat, such as chicken, or pork, or seafood of choice, cleaned and trimmed
1 pound fresh organic vegetables, such as mushrooms, onions, asparagus, green beans, carrots, broccoli
1/4 cup 100% pure organic lime juice
3 tablespoons honey, or agave nectar, or simple syrup
3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar, or apple cider vinegar, or coconut vinegar
2-1/2 tablespoons GF fish sauce (Thai Kitchen®), or GF ketchup (Annie's®)
2 tablespoons GF ketchup (Annie's®), or organic tomato puree
1 tablespoon dark molasses, or brown rice syrup (Lundberg®), or agave nectar, or coconut nectar
2 teaspoons minced garlic, or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
4 fresh basil leaves, washed and cut into thin ribbons
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; rinse, drain; set aside.
- Cut meat short even strips; wash and trim seafood; refrigerate until ready to cook. Wash and cut vegetables to uniform size; set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, brown rice vinegar, GF fish sauce (replace with ketchup if avoiding fish), GF ketchup, dark molasses, and garlic; set aside; wash, dry, and cut basil; set aside.
- Place large skillet over medium-high heat; add 2 tablespoons pure olive oil, heat; add meat; cook through; remove to small bowl; cover to keep warm; set aside.
- To skillet, add 2 tablespoons oil and vegetables; adding longest-cooking vegetables first, and faster-cooking vegetables towards end of cook time; cook all crisp-tender. Add cooked meat and prepared noodles; stir to combine.
- Stir in sauce made during step 4; cook until sauce has reached desired consistency.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Meats and Vegetables to Use
(chop meat and vegetables to a uniform size)
- Chicken breast
- Pork tenderloin
- Squid or calamari
- Green beans
- Mushrooms, such as crimini or portabella
- Sprouts of choice (add at very end with basil)