2/3 cup GF oat flour
1/3 cup baked brown rice crumbs (Orgran)
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1/4 cup potato starch
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon agar powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup pure olive oil
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup soy-free vegan chocolate chips, or 1/2 cup Mega Chunks (Enjoy Life)
Topping - Step 6
1 cup soy-free mini-marshmallows (Elyon)
1/3 cup soy-free vegan chocolate chips, or 1/2 cup Mega Chunks (Enjoy Life)
- Place baking rack in second position; preheat oven to 350 degrees F; line a 9" baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In airtight container, combine GF oat flour, baked brown rice crumbs, tapioca starch, potato starch, baking powder, xanthan gum, agar powder, baking soda, sea salt; place on lid; shake vigorously to combine; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine light brown sugar, olive oil, water, and vanilla extract; beat until light and frothy, at least 2 minutes.
- Add dry to wet; beat to combine; fold in chocolate chips or Mega Chunks.
- Place batter into parchment-lined 9" baking pan; spread into an even layer on bottom of pan - batter may be difficult to work worth, just spread it out best you can as the batter will melt and even out somewhat when it bakes.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes; remove from oven; sprinkle on mini-marshmallows and chocolate chips or Mega Chunks; return pan to oven; bake 5 - 7 minutes; remove pan to wire rack to cool 10 minutes; remove bars from pan by grasping parchment paper edges; cool bars on rack; can cut when still warm.
Cool completely to store in airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days; refrigerate up to 1 week; freeze up to 2 months.
Servings: 18 (3") bars
Prep time: 15 minutes
Preheat: 350 degrees F
Baking time: 27 minutes, total