3 cups water
1/2 cup DariFree powder (Vance's)
2 cups (16 ounces) frozen organic orange juice concentrate
3/4 cup cane sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- In medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine water and Vance's DariFree powder; whisk briskly to dissolve powder.
- Add juice concentrate; stir to melt concentrate completely; bring mixture to a slow boil.
- While stirring briskly, add cane sugar; bring mixture to a boil, drop heat to a simmer; cook 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in vanilla; set mixture aside to cool; pour into glass storage container and refrigerate until completely cooled, about 12 hours or overnight.
- Once liquid is cold, add 2 tablespoons pure olive oil; place lid on tightly; shake vigorously to incorporate oil; pour mixture into a prepared 6-cup ice cream maker and following the manufacturer's guidelines.
To use a more typical size of orange juice concentrate, such as 12 ounces, follow these measurements and proceed with recipe as stated above.
2-1/4 cups water
6 tablespoons DariFree powder (Vance's)
1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) frozen organic orange juice concentrate
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cane sugar
3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1-1/2 tablespoons pure olive oil
Servings: 4-1/4 cups