1/2 cup GF oat flour, or millet flour, or quinoa flour, or brown rice flour
1/3 cup tapioca starch, or potato starch, or arrowroot starch
1/4 cup brown rice flour, or white rice flour, or sorghum flour
1 tablespoon egg replacer powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup light brown sugar, or dark brown sugar, or pure cane sugar
1/4 cup pure olive oil, or grapeseed oil, or sunflower oil
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup soy-free vegan chocolate chips (Enjoy Life - or new Mega Chunks)
- Place baking rack in third position; preheat oven to 350 degrees F; line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In airtight container, combine GF oat flour, tapioca starch, brown rice flour, egg replacer powder, sea salt, baking soda, xanthan gum, and baking powder; place on lid; shake vigorously to combine; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat together light brown sugar and olive oil; beat in water and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl, beat to combine; add chocolate chips, beating to distribute evenly.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; place into preheated 350 degree F oven; bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until center of batter bounces back when lightly touched.
- Remove pan to wire cooling rack; cool in pan 10 minutes; grasping edges of parchment paper, lift bars from pan to wire cooling rack; carefully remove parchment and discard; cut into desired-shaped bars; cool completely prior to storing at room temperature in airtight container up to 5 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days, or freeze up to 3 months.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Preheat: 350 degrees F
Bake time: 20 to 25 minutes