12 cups fresh water for cooking noodles
7 to 9 ounces dry noodles of choice
1 teaspoon sea salt
5 tablespoons pure olive oil
1 pound organic free-range chicken (boneless and skinless)1 pound frozen (or fresh) organic broccoli crowns
1 tablespoon organic garlic powder, or seasoning of choice
- Place stock pot with 12 cups fresh water over medium heat; add 1 teaspoon sea salt and 1 tablespoon pure olive oil to water; cover pot and bring water to a rolling boil; add noodles, stirring for the first 30 seconds; cook until slightly crunchy (about 5 minutes for noodles that would normally be cooked through after 7 to 9 minutes).
- Drain noodles into colander; rinse well with cold water; drain noodles; set aside.
- While waiting for the pot of water to come to a rolling boil, wash and dry chicken; cut into large dice or strips.
- Place large cast iron skillet over medium heat; add 2 tablespoons pure olive oil; heat oil (don't allow oil to smoke); add chicken; saute until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes; using a slotted spoon, remove cooked chicken to bowl; set aside; return skillet to medium heat.
- Add frozen broccoli to hot skillet; place on lid; stir after 3 minutes; place on lid; cook 5 minutes; stir; add cooked chicken (and any juice that pooled in the bowl), drained and rinsed par-boiled noodles, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and garlic powder; stir to combine; place on lid and cook 7 minutes.
- Test a noodle for doneness, adding water or broth of choice as needed to soften noodles and add to create sauce.
Servings: 2 adults, 2 children main course
Prep: 15 minutes
Add 1 cup diced pepperoni or salami of choice during step 5.