2 tablespoons pure olive oil, or coconut oil, or palm oil, or butter of choice
1 medium onion (cleaned and diced small), or 2 tablespoons onion flakes, or 1 tablespoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
1-1/2 cups canned Cannellini (white kidney) beans, or canned Navy beans, or cooked cubed rutabaga
1-1/2 cups canned coconut milk (include fat from lid and can), or milk of choice
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1-1/2 cups GF broth of choice, or water
- Place large saucepan over medium-high heat; add pure olive oil and diced onion; sprinkle on 1/4 teaspoon sea salt; cook until onion is translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Drain canned beans into colander; wash thoroughly; drain well.
- Place beans in food processor or blender; add coconut milk, garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt; process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into saucepan; add 1-1/2 cups GF broth of choice; place on lid; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove saucepan from heat; pour soup off into serving bowl; set aside to cool slightly; serve warm.
Serve immediately, or cool completely, pour into storage container and refrigerate up to 3 days.
To freeze: once completely cooled, scoop soup base into plastic freezer bag; force all air from bag then seal it; lay sealed bag flat on plate or small baking sheet; place baking sheet in freezer; remove sheet once package is completely frozen; store up to 3 months.
Prep Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 20 min