2 cups GF oat flour
3/4 cup potato starch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup palm shortening
1/2 cup cane sugar, or light brown sugar
1/2 cup Grade B Maple syrup
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups soy-free vegan chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside; place baking rack in first position; preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In airtight container, combine GF oat flour, potato starch, baking soda, and sea salt; place on lid; shake vigorously; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat together palm shortening, Maple syrup, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add dry mixture to mixing bowl, beat to combine; add chocolate chips; mix to blend evenly.
- Using an ice cream scooper, pack dough firmly to form each cookie; place cookies well-spaced on prepared baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet on top rack of preheated 375 degree F oven; bake 12 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven; cool cookies on sheet 5 minutes; remove cookies to wire cooling rack; repeat process with remaining dough.
Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days.
Sevings: 18 cookies (2" across)
Preheat: 375 degrees F
Prep: 10 minutes
Baking time: 12 minutes