(choose one of the following, or a combination to equal 1-1/2 to 2 cups)
- Cauliflower: 2 cups cooked, mashed
- Potatoes: 2 cups cooked, mashed (Russet work best)
- Rutabaga: 1 cup cooked, mashed
- 3 tablespoons potato flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
1 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 tablespoons butter of choice (such as soy-free Earth Balance), or high-heat oil (such as pure olive oil)
1-1/2 cups GF broth of choice
1-1/2 cups water, or milk of choice (such as Rice Dream), or pure coconut milk
- In airtight container, combine garlic powder, onion powder, coriander, cumin, mustard, sea salt, black pepper, and potato flour (if using); place on lid, shake vigorously to combine.
- Place 6-cup saucepan over medium heat; add butter of choice; add dry spice mixture; whisk into smooth paste.
- In a stream, whisk in GF broth, and mashed vegetable (if not using potato flour).
- Stir in water; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat; pour soup into large serving bowl, or cool completely then refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 2 months.
Add up to 2 cups, during step 2 before spice mix; cook at least 6 minutes; proceed with recipe as stated:
- diced mushrooms of choice
- diced celery ribs
- diced carrots
- diced asparagus
- diced cooked ham and green peas
- diced broccoli
- diced tomatoes of choice