1 cup brown rice flour, or white rice flour, or quinoa flour
1 cup GF oat flour, or millet flour
1 cup potato starch, or cornstarch
1 cup tapioca starch, or arrowroot starch
1/2 cup Vance's DariFree powder, or powdered milk of choice
4 teaspoons xanthan gum, or guar gum
4 teaspoons egg replacer powder, or 1 tablespoon potato starch
4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon agar powder
2 cups 110 degree F water
1/4 cup pure olive oil, or grapeseed oil, or oil of choice
4 teaspoons cane sugar, or light brown sugar, or agave nectar, or honey
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Pure olive oil to brush tops of rolls prior to baking
- Place baking racks in first and third positions; preheat oven to 425 degrees F; line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In airtight container, combine brown rice flour, GF oat flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, DariFree powder, xanthan gum, egg replacer powder, active dry yeast, sea salt, and agar powder; place on lid; shake vigorously to combine and to introduce air.
- Heat water to 110 degrees F; stir in pure olive oil, cane sugar, and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour dry mix into mixing bowl; using electric mixer, beat in wet ingredients to form dough; beat dough on high for 3 minutes.
- Dust a clean rimmed baking sheet with millet flour or brown rice flour; scoop dough out into center of sheet; sprinkle with GF flour; coat hands in GF flour; pat dough to 3/4"-thickness; using sharp knife, quickly cut dough into desired-sized rolls (square or round - whatever you like); place rolls on prepared baking sheets; brush each roll heavily with pure olive oil; place baking sheets on top of preheating oven; rise dough 10 minutes.
- Place baking sheets on first and third baking racks of preheated 425 degree F oven; bake 12 minutes; rotate pan positions; bake 12 minutes; remove baking sheets to counter; remove rolls to wire cooling rack.
Servings: 8 to 12 dinner rolls
Preheat: 425 degrees F
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 24 minutes