1/3 cup GF oat flour, or millet flour, or white rice flour
1/3 cup brown rice flour, or sorghum flour, or white rice flour
1/3 cup tapioca starch, or potato starch
2 tablespoons cane sugar, or light brown sugar
1 tablespoon DariFree powder (Vance's), or powdered milk of choice
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup water
2 tablespoons pure olive oil
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In airtight container, combine GF oat flour, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, cane sugar, DariFree powder, baking powder, xanthan gum, and sea salt; place on lid; shake vigorously to combine; pour into mixing bowl.
- Stir water, pure olive oil, and vanilla extract into dry ingredients, leaving batter slightly lumpy; set batter aside until skillet is ready.
- Place dry cast iron skillet over medium heat; once heated, add 1 tablespoon pure olive oil or rendered bacon fat.
- Using a tablespoon measure, dry dollops of batter, evenly-spaced, into prepared skillet; cook until bubbles rise to surface of batter; flip; cook until nicely browned on both sides; remove to wire cooling rack; serve immediately; repeat process with remaining batter until all batter is used.
- Serve with butter of choice (soy-free vegan Earth Balance), and pure Grade B Maple syrup.
Servings: 12 - 16 small pancakes
Preheat: skillet over medium heat; electric skillet to 325 degrees F
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: about 8 minutes per batch
Add up to 1/2 cup fresh (washed well then dried off) fruit of choice, such as blueberries; or 1/2 cup vegan soy-free chocolate chips (Enjoy Life).