So good, these wonderfully delicious cookies will become the stand-by for every holiday!
1 cup GF oat flour, or millet flour
1 cup brown rice flour, or white rice flour, or garbanzo bean flour
1 cup potato starch, or tapioca starch
1 tablespoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon agar powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup cane sugar, or Maple sugar, or Palm crystals
1 cup light brown sugar, or dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup palm shortening, or 2/3 cup 100% pure pork lard
1/4 cup water water
1/4 cup cane sugar
6 ounce glass, bottom wet
- Place oven racks in first and third positions; preheat oven to 350 degrees F; line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In airtight container, combine GF oat flour, brown rice flour, potato starch, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, agar powder, and sea salt; place on lid; shake vigorously to combine and to introduce air; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat together cane sugar, light brown sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, palm shortening, and water; beat until fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients; beat to make uniform, soft dough.
- Using a 1-1/2"-ice cream scoop, make dough into 18 cookies, packing dough firmly into scoop, placing 9 cookies, well-spaced, on each prepared baking sheet.
- Wet bottom of glass with water; place glass in cane sugar; press down to flatten a cookie; repeat process for each cookie.
- Place sheet in preheated 350 degree F oven; bake 7-1/2 minutes; rotate baking sheets; bake 7-1/2 minutes.
Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days.
Servings: 18 cookies
Preheat: 350 degrees F
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 10 - 12 minutes