1/2 cup brown rice flour, or garbanzo bean flour, or white rice flour
1/2 cup millet flour, or brown rice flour, or potato flour
1/3 cup DariFree® powder, or dry milk powder of choice, or protein powder of choice
1/4 cup tapioca starch, or potato starch, or cornstarch
1/4 cup GF oat flour, or pure rice bran, or teff flour, or almond flour, or hazelnut flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar, or granulated sweetener of choice (not Stevia®)
1/2 cup cane sugar, or granulated sweetener of choice (not Stevia®)
1 tablespoon egg replacer powder
1-1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum, or 1 teaspoon guar gum, or 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup water
1/2 cup pure olive oil (not extra virgin), or grapeseed oil, or safflower oil, or sunflower oil, or canola oil, or corn oil
2 teaspoons dried orange peel, or dried lemon peel, or dried fruit peel of choice
- Place baking rack in third position; preheat oven to 325°F; line 9”x5” cake pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In airtight container combine brown rice flour, millet flour, DariFree® powder, tapioca starch, GF oat flour, light brown sugar, cane sugar, egg replacer powder, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt; place on lid; shake vigorously to combine and to introduce air; set aside.
- In mixing bowl combine water, pure olive oil, and dried orange peel; add dry mix; beat with wooden spoon 4 minutes (or beat with electric mixer 2 minutes).
- Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth out top.
- Place pan into preheated 325°F oven; bake 65 - 75 minutes, or until well set.
- Remove cake pan to cooling rack; cool in pan 20 minutes; turn cake out onto rack; cool completely.
Servings: 1 cake (16 pieces)
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 65 - 75 min
To replace DariFree®: omit DariFree® powder; replace water with milk of choice.
To use egg: omit egg replacer powder; reduce water to 3/4 cup; reduce DariFree® to 1/4 cup; beat 2 large eggs in during step 3.