Every Body Eats by M.H.W. Hill Page 184
1 cup tapioca starch, or potato starch, or cornstarch, or arrowroot starch
3/4 cup brown rice flour, or amaranth flour, or Montina®, or Nuchia®, or white rice flour
1/4 cup GF oat flour, or pure rice bran, or millet flour, or quinoa flour
1/4 cup DariFree® powder
2 teaspoons egg replacer powder
2 teaspoons xanthan gum, or 1-1/2 teaspoons guar gum, or 1-1/2 teaspoons arrowroot starch
2 teaspoons yeast
1/2 teaspoon agar powder, or unflavored gelatin of choice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup 110 – 120ºF water
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, or olive oil, or safflower oil
2 teaspoons agave nectar, or honey, or cane sugar of choice
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, or coconut vinegar
1 cup nut butter of choice
Cane sugar, or light brown sugar
- In airtight container combine tapioca starch, brown rice flour, GF oat flour, DariFree® powder, egg replacer powder, xanthan gum, yeast, agar powder, and sea salt; place on lid and shake vigorously to combine and to introduce air; set aside.
- In mixing bowl combine heated water, grapeseed oil, agave nectar, and apple cider vinegar; stir to combine.
- Place dry ingredients into wet; beat with electric mixer 3 minutes.
- Cover clean work surface with parchment paper; dust heavily with brown rice flour (or GF flour of choice).
- Turn dough out onto floured surface; dust dough generously with GF flour; coat hands in GF flour; pat into desired shape and thickness.
- Spread nut butter of choice over surface of prepared dough; roll into long log; slice into rolls of desired size; place each roll cut-side down on parchment covered rimmed baking sheet (in center).
- Place baking rack in second position; preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Place prepared rolls on top of preheating oven; rise for 15 minutes.
- Place risen rolls into preheated oven; bake 20 minutes.
Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days. Reheat in warm oven prior to serving, if desired.
Servings: 10-14 rolls
Prep Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 20 to 25 min
To replace DariFree® powder: omit DariFree® powder; replace heated water with heated milk of choice.
To make Cinnamon Rolls: For filling: In airtight container combine 1/3 cup light brown sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg; place on lid and shake to combine; add 1 tablespoon butter or oil of choice (I like coconut oil); rub in; sprinkle filling over surface of dough during step 6 (omitting nut butter of course) then sprinkle on 1/2 cup soaked then drained raisins; continue with recipe from the middle of step 6. For Icing: combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar with up to 2 tablespoons water; drizzle over top of hot cooked rolls; serve immediately.