3 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon dried orange peel (or fresh orange zest)
3/4 cup cane sugar, or light brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup grapeseed oil, or olive oil, or oil of choice
1/2 cup GF oat flour, or pure rice bran, or quinoa flour
1/2 cup tapioca starch, or cornstarch, or potato starch
1/4 cup millet flour, or sorghum flour, or amaranth four
1/4 cup brown rice flour, or white rice flour, or corn meal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon DariFree powder
1-1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon agar powder (optional)
1-3/4 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons melted soy-free vegan buttery spread (Earth Balance), or butter of choice
2 tablespoons orange juice
- Place baking rack in third position; preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using palm shortening grease a bread loaf pan; lightly dust with brown rice flour; tap out excess; set aside.
- In small bowl combine orange juice and dried orange peel (or fresh orange zest); stir; set aside.
- In mixing bowl combine cane sugar, applesauce, and grapeseed oil; beat to combine; set aside.
- In airtight container combine GF oat flour, tapioca sstarch, millet flour, brown rice flour, baking powder, DariFree powder, xanthan gum, and agar powder; place on lid; shake vigorously to combine and to introduce air.
- Stir orange zest and juice into mixing bowl; beat to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl; beat vigorously to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan; place into preheated 350 degree F oven; bake 45 minutes.
- Remove pan to wire cooling rack; cool cake in pan 5 minutes; gently turn cake out onto wire cooling rack; allow to completely then ice if you desire.
Servings: 12 slices
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Preheat: 350 degrees F
Cook Time: 45 minutes
To use egg: omit applesauce; beat 2 eggs and incorporate during step 3.
To use dairy: replace oil with melted butter; omit DariFree powder.