just attach a note listing bake time and temperature and then anyone can prepare dinner!
palm shortening to coat baking pan
1 cup short-grain brown rice
2 tablespoons dried peas, or frozen peas, or fresh peas
2 tablespoons dried carrots, or frozen carrots, or fresh carrots
1 tablespoon dried onion, or onion flakes
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1/2 ounce dried mushrooms of choice (optional)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2-1/2 cups GF broth of choice
1/4 cup applesauce
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
2 cups chicken breast, or tuna, or frozen diced chicken, or cooked ground turkey, or cooked ground beef
- Place baking rack in third position; preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease baking dish generously with palm shortening; set aside.
- In large bowl combine brown rice, peas, carrots, onion, light brown sugar, mushrooms, sea salt, and thyme; mix well to combine.
- Add GF broth; stir in applesauce, grapeseed oil, and prepared meat of choice.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish; cover tightly with foil.
- Place in preheated 425°F oven; bake 50 minutes, or until all liquid has been absorbed and rice is soft.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 50 min
Vegetarian dish: omit meat; add 3/4 cup prepared vegetables of choice.