palm shortening for baking dish
2-1/2 cups GF broth of choice
15 ounces (2 cups) GF pasta sauce of choice
8 ounces (about 4 cups) uncooked GF pasta (shape and flavor of choice)
1 cup (4 ounces) Pancetta, or cooked Italian sausage, or cooked ground meat of choice
1/2 cup nitrate-free, preservative free Pepperoni, diced if large (Applegate Farms)
1 tablespoon Spaghetti seasoning, or seasoning of choice
1 cup potato flakes, flavor of choice (Edward & Sons)
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- Place baking rack in second position; preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease baking dish generously with palm shortening; set aside.
- In large bowl combine GF broth, pasta sauce, uncooked pasta, Pancetta, Pepperoni, and Spaghetti seasoning; stir to incorporate; set aside.
- In small bowl combine mashed potato flakes and grapeseed oil.
- Pour pasta mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Spread potato mixture evenly over top.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Place in 425°F preheated oven; bake 45 minutes or until all liquid is gone and pasta is soft. Serve hot or cool.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
To use dairy: omit potato flakes; omit grapeseed oil. During final 15 minutes of cook time,
remove foil and sprinkle on desired amount of shredded cheese of choice.