1/3 cup brown rice flour, or almond flour, or white rice flour, or quinoa flour
1/3 cup potato starch, or tapioca starch, arrowroot flour
1/3 cup millet flour, or potato flour, or amaranth flour
1/4 cup DariFree powder
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
10 tablespoons water
1 cup cane sugar, or light brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
6 tablespoons grapeseed oil, or pure olive oil
1 tablespoon pure lemon juice
1 teaspoon GF lemon extract
3/4 teaspoon GF vanilla extract
- Using palm shortening lightly grease an 8" cake pan; light dust with brown rice flour; tap out excess; set aside.
- Place baking rack in third position; preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In airtight container combine tapicoa flour, brown rice flour, potato starch, millet flour, DariFree powder, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt; place on lid; shake vigorously to cimbine and introduce air.
- In mixing bowl combine water, cane sugar, unsweetened applesauce, grapeseed oil, pure lemon juice, lemon extract, and vanilla extract; beat to combine.
- Stir dry ingredients into mixing bowl; beat 1 minute by hand to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place into preheated 350 degree F oven; bake 45 minutes.
Servings: 12 slices
Prep time: 15 minutes
Preheat: 350 degrees F
Baking Time: 45 minutes