1 cup canned unsalted, unflavored, whole tomatoes (do not drain)
1 cup molasses
1 cup canned peaches, diced, and 1/4 cup canning juice
1/2 cup agave nectar, or cane sugar, or light brown sugar
6 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons roasted red pepper, washed, cleaned, diced
1/3 cup onion flakes, or 5 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons tapioca starch, or potato starch, or arrowroot starch
1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- In bowl of food processor or blender combine whole tomatoes, molasses, peaches with canning juice, 1/2 cup agave nectar, Balsamic vinegar, and roasted red peppers; grind to smooth consistency.
- In airtight container combine onion flakes, tapioca starch, garlic powder, and finely ground black pepper; place on lid and shake vigorously to combine.
- Add dry mix to food processor; blend to combine.
- Place saucepan over medium heat; add sauce; bring to a boil; drop to a simmer; cook 1 hour; stir occasionally.
- Pour sauce off into jar with tight-fitting lid; allow to cool completely; refrigerate up to 1 month.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Preheat: Medium heat
Cook Time: about 1 hour