1/2 cup millet flour, or amaranth flour, or sorghum flour
1/2 cup tapioca starch, or potato starch, or cornstarch, or arrowroot starch
1/4 cup brown rice flour, or white rice flour, or quinoa flour
1/4 cup GF oat flour, or pure rice bran, or quinoa flour
1/4 cup soy-free vegan 100% pure cocoa powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum, or 3/4 teaspoon guar gum, or 1 teaspoon chia flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon agar powder, or unflavored gelatin of choice
1 cup cane sugar, or light brown sugar
6 tablespoons grapeseed oil, or pure olive oil, or melted coconut oil, or sunflower oil
1 cup water
1 tablespoon coconut vinegar, or apple cider vinegar, or GF vinegar of choice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Lightly grease a 9" cake pan with palm shortening; coat generously with millet flour; tap out excess flour; set pan aside.
- Place baking rack in third position; preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In airtight container combine millet flour, tapioca starch, brown rice flour, GF oat flour, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, sea salt, and agar powder; place on lid and shake vigorously to combine and to introduce air; set aside.
- Place cane sugar into mixing bowl; stir in oil and water; beat to combine well; stir in vinegar of choice and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet; beat to combine and to break up large lumps.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven; bake 55 minutes, or until center of cake springs back when gently touched.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack; cool cake in pan 10 minutes; turn cake out onto rack to completely cool prior to storage; or frost, slice and serve.
- Store in airtight container up to 3 days.
Preheat: 350 degrees F
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 55 minutes