Organic, non-GMO, unhusked sweet corn
Rimmed baking sheet *optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F; place baking rack in center of oven.
- Check corn for bugs/mold by carefully dividing silk of corn and peeking in to see top of cob (do not peel away the silk or husk)
- Place corn on baking sheet, or directly on oven rack; close preheated 425 degree F oven and bake for 30 - 40 minutes. You will experience a strong scent of corn, and husks may blacken - this is as it should be!
- Remove corn to a preparation area; allow to cool 5 minutes, then carefully grab silk and husk, dividing it in half between your hands, and pull one side of husk to base of cob, repeat with other side - careful it's hot! You can break off the end or serve with the husk peeled away from the kernels. Serve immediately.
- To used husked corn: wrap each ear in parchment paper and proceed with recipe as stated.
- To serve as kernels: Peel off husks of cooked cobs, place cob upright balancing on cob base then run a very sharp kitchen knife along cob to remove kernels; gather up cut corn and place in bowl - season if desired and serve while hot.
- To freeze cut corn: line a baking sheet with parchment paper then spread cooled kernels evenly over surface, cover in plastic wrap and place in freezer for 45 minutes or until kernels are frozen throughout. Transfer frozen kernel to a freezer bag - store frozen up to 2 months, to reheat place frozen corn into rapidly boiling water, boil 2 minutes then drain and serve immediately.
- Seasonings: Paprika, coarse sea salt, freshly-ground black pepper, ground cumin.