1/2 cup millet flour, or sorghum flour, or Montina flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour, or white rice flour, or millet flour
1/2 cup potato starch, or cornstarch, or arrowroot starch
1/2 cup tapioca starch, or cornstarch, or potato starch
1 tablespoon Vance's DariFree powder, or milk powder of choice
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
2 teaspoons egg replacer powder of choice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup pure olive oil, or coconut oil, or grapeseed oil
1/4 cup palm shortening
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, or maple sugar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup water
3 cups GF rolled oats
12 ounces Mega Chunks chocolate chips by Enjoy Life
1-1/3 cups raw pecans, raw walnuts, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or nut or seeds of choice (optional)
- In airtight container, combine millet flour, brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, DariFree powder, xanthan gum, egg replacer powder, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt; place on lid and shake vigorously to combine and to introduce air; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat together pure olive oil, palm shortening, dark brown sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla; beat until creamy.
- Slow beat dry ingredients into wet; add water; beat to combine.
- Mix in oats, chocolate chunks and pecans; mix just to combine.
- Cover dough and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Place oven baking racks in second and fourth positions; line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using large scoop, pack scoop firmly with chilled dough, leaving ample space between cookies when placing on parchment-covered baking sheets (between 6 and 9 cookies per sheet, depending on size of scoop). Slightly flatten each dough ball with bottom of drinking glass.
- Place cookie sheets in preheated 350 degree F oven and bake for 9 minutes; rotate sheet positions; bake 7 minutes; remove sheets to wire cooling racks, cool cookies on sheet 10 minutes, remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely prior to storing at room temperature up to 5 days, or refrigerated up to 10 days, or frozen up to 3 months.
Prep: 15 minutes, plus 2+ hrs chill time
Preheat 350 degrees F
Baking time: 16 minutes