1 cup cane sugar (evaporated cane juice)
3/4 cup 100% pure unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup GF oat flour, or GF high-protein flour of choice
1/4 cup brown rice flour or white rice flour
1/4 cup millet flour or sorghum flour
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1/4 cup potato starch
1 tablespoon egg replacer powder
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce or pear sauce
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips of choice (Enjoy Life are top-8 free)
- Place baking rack in second position; preheat oven to 350 degree F; cover large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In airtight container combine cane sugar, cocoa powder, oat flour, brown rice flour, millet flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, egg replacer powder, xanthan gum, baking powder and sea salt; place on lid and shake vigorously to combine; pour out into large mixing bowl.
- To mixing bowl, add water and applesauce; beat to combine and until dough forms; add chocolate chips and mix to combine evenly.
- Turn dough out onto parchment-lined baking sheet; form into 2 logs, 3/4" high, 4" wide. Place on second rack in preheated 350 degree F oven; bake 20 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven and cool logs on sheet for 20 minutes.
- Using serrated knife, cut logs into biscotti and lay cut-side down; return sheet to oven and bake 15 minutes; remove biscotti to wire cooling rack to cool completely prior to storage in airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Prep: 15 minutes
Preheat: 350 degrees F
Baking time: 35 minutes, combined; add 20 minutes for cooling between cooking stages.