- Place oven rack into 5th position (last/bottom space) and preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove outer wrapping from ham and rinse thoroughly with cold water; place on paper towel-lined rimmed baking sheet and pat dry.
- Line roasting pan or deep baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil; place ham in pan then cover tightly with aluminum foil then poke a very small hole in the top center of the foil.
- Place pan into preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes per pound for boneless ham and 10 minutes per pound for bone-in ham.
- Prepare glaze 45 minutes prior to end of cooking time. During the last half hour of cooking time, remove pan from oven and ladle juices onto top of ham; pour on glaze and place ham back in oven. Cook 10 minutes then repeat this process; repeat 3 times, cooking the last time for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven to wire rack to cool; remove ham from pan to serving tray and allow to rest for 30 minutes prior to carving and serving. Enjoy!
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Preparing a pre-cooked Ham
If you can get your hands on it, I highly recommend a Beeler's brand ham - the best of the best!!!