1 boxed (13-ounces) Cornbread Muffin Mix (The Really Great Food Company)
3 tablespoons cane sugar
1-1/2 tablespoons egg replacer powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons rice milk (Hain Celetial), or milk of choice, or water
1/3 cup pure olive oil
1 pinch sea salt
- In large mixing bowl, combine mix, cane sugar, egg replacer powder, baking powder, rice milk, olive oil, and sea salt; beat by hand 1 minute; set aside.
- Heat griddle to 350 degrees F.
- Pour pancake batter onto heated, dry griddle by the 1/4-cupful, evenly spaced; cook until bubbles form, rise to the top and burst; flip to brown and evenly cook.
- Serve immediately topped with Grade B Maple syrup, or honey of choice, or jelly of choice.
- Or place onto wire cooling rack; cool completely prior to storage in refrigerator.
To reheat: place frozen pancake into toaster to reheat, or place frozen pancake on cool, dry skillet; place skillet over medium heat; cook to warm pancake through, flipping as needed to prevent excessive browning.
Servings: 8 pancakes
Preheat: 350 degrees F
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook Time: about 7 minutes per batch
Savory Cakes: Add 2 tablespoons minced onions (flakes or fresh), 1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice (such as Daiya's Mozzarella shreds), and a pinch of paprika or black pepper; beat into batter prior to setting it aside. To substitute cheese of choice: omit cheese; add 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes.
Tree Hugger Cakes: Add 1 tablespoon cane sugar, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/2 cup crushed nuts or seeds of choice (such as pecans, walnuts, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds), and dried or diced fresh fruit of choice (such as raisins, strawberries, blueberries); beat into batter prior to setting it aside.