6 tablespoons GF oat flour, or GF oat bran, or brown rice flour, or millet flour
6 tablespoons tapioca starch, or potato starch, or arrowroot starch, or cornstarch
2 teaspoons egg replacer powder
3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum, or guar gum
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons soy-free vegan buttery spread (Earth Balance®), or pure olive oil, or lard
2 tablespoons light brown sugar, or cane sugar, or evaporated cane juice, or dark brown sugar
9 large marshmallows, sliced in half
1-1/2 cup soy-free vegan chocolate chips (Enjoy Life®)
- Place baking racks in second and fourth positions; preheat oven to 350°F; line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In airtight container, combine GF oat flour, tapioca starch, egg replacer powder, xanthan gum, sea salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda; place on lid; shake vigorously to combine and to introduce air; set aside.
- In mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat together water, buttery spread, and light brown sugar; beat until well combined; add dry mixture; beat to form runny dough; set bowl aside for 5 minutes.
- Using a teaspoon, place dough on prepared baking sheets, 9 cookies per sheet; coat the bottom of a 1/2 cup measuring cup with brown rice flour (or GF flour of choice); press down gently on each cookie to flatten out.
- Place baking sheets into preheated 350°F oven; bake 3-1/2 minutes; rotate baking sheets; bake 3-1/2 minutes.
- Remove sheets to counter; place half a marshmallow on top of each cookie; return sheet to oven; bake 2 minutes; remove sheets to counter; press down gently on each marshmallow to flatten against cookie; remove cookies to cooling rack; cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a medium saucepan 1/3 full of water; place over medium-high heat; place 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips into smaller saucepan; place smaller saucepan over top of medium saucepan; stir to melt chips; remove pan from heat once chips are completely melted.
- Place a baking rack over a baking sheet or parchment paper; place cookies on rack; using a large spoon, ladle melted chocolate over each cookie.
- Place cookies onto small baking sheet or plate; place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to set chocolate.
Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Servings: 18 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes