Monday, July 12, 2010

Too much Fat or Oil ....

I am in the final stages of editing my second book, "Every Body Eats" and have discovered the wonders of lard - yes, I said that word - LARD! So I began retesting recipes with lard in place of oil or butter of choice and low and behold, what did I find? About 20% less lard is required! Believe it or not, Lard is the best choice .... I know, we have been educated to think lard = heart attack, but the newest truthful research indicates just the opposite!

Lard contains: Zinc, Selenium, Choline (significant value), Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol), Vitamin D (D2 + D3), Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), Vitamin D, saturated Fatty acids 80g, monounsaturated Fatty acids 93g, polyunsaturated Fatty acids, 23g, Cholesterol 195mg (not stored readily as blood Cholesterol).

It is a natural animal fat and it very low in the dangerous polyunsaturated fatty acids, and contains zero trans fats. And, it yields an excellent end product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collective Mind = Solutions