3/4 cup light brown sugar, or cane sugar, or evaporated cane juice, or granulated sweetener of choice
1/3 cup pure olive oil, or coconut, or palm oil, or 1/2 cup butter of choice
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup millet flour, or brown rice flour, or GF oat flour
3/4 cup tapioca starch, or arrowroot starch, or potato starch, or cornstarch
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
2 teaspoons egg replacer powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Place baking rack in second position; preheat oven to 375 degrees F; line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat together light brown sugar, pure olive oil, water, and pure vanilla extract; set aside.
- In an airtight container, combine millet flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, egg replacer powder, baking soda, and sea salt; place on lid; shake vigorously to combine and introduce air.
- Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl; beat to form dough.
- Place dough on prepared baking sheet; split in half; flatten each into large squares; sprinkle on chocolate chips; press down to adhere.
- Place into preheated 375 degree oven; bake 7 minutes; remove sheet from oven; cool 5 minutes; slice into desired shapes, such as 1/2" x 4" strips.
Servings: 16 strips/biscotti
Preheat: 375 degrees F
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 7 minutes
To use egg: omit egg replacer powder; omit water; beat 1 egg in during step 2.
To omit egg replacer powder: omit egg replacer powder; omit water; beat 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce in during step 2.