3/4 cup light brown sugar, or cane sugar
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup GF oat flour, or millet flour, or brown rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca starch, or potato starch, or cornstarch, or arrowroot starch
1 tablespoon egg replacer powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1-3/4 cups chocolate chips (Enjoy Life®), divided
3 tablespoons pure olive oil
- Place baking racks in second and third positions; preheat oven to 350°F; line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat together light brown sugar, water, and pure vanilla extract; set aside.
- In airtight container, combine GF oat flour, tapioca starch, egg replacer powder, xanthan gum, baking powder, and sea salt; place on lid; shake vigorously to combine and to introduce air; add to mixing bowl; beat to combine; set aside.
- Fill a medium saucepan one-third full with water; place over medium heat; add 1 cup chocolate chips to smaller saucepan; place smaller saucepan over medium saucepan; heat to melt chips; stir until chocolate is creamy; remove pan from heat; add oil; beat to combine.
- Add melted chocolate to mixing bowl; beat to form soft dough; fold in remaining chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough out onto prepared baking sheets, placing 9 cookies per sheet, evenly-spaced apart.
- Place sheets in preheated 350°F oven; bake 7 minutes; swap sheet positions; bake another 7 minutes.
Remove sheets to wire rack; cool cookies on sheets 10 minutes.
Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 4 days.
Servings: 18 cookies
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 14 min