Yummy sauce to cook meat in for taco’s or to serve as a side sauce for rice, beans, or
2 tablespoons paprika
1-1/2 tablespoons tapioca starch, or potato starch, or cornstarch, or arrowroot starch
1-1/2 tablespoons red lentil flour, brown rice flour, or white rice flour, or sorghum flour, or millet flour
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2-1/2 cups GF chicken broth, or GF broth of choice
1/2 cup tomato sauce, or ground cooked carrot
2 tablespoons pure olive oil, or grapeseed oil, or soy-free vegan buttery spread (Earth Balance®)
- In small container combine paprika, tapioca starch, red lentil flour, garlic powder, cumin, and sea salt; place on lid and shake vigorously to combine.
- In medium bowl stir together GF broth and tomato sauce; set aside.
- Place large skillet over medium heat; add pure olive oil; pour dry mix into heated oil; cook 2 minutes; stir constantly.
- Slowly add tomato-water mix; stir constantly; cook 5 - 6 minutes, or to desired thickness.
- Cool slightly then use to prepare tacos, or cool completely then pour into airtight container; store in refrigerator up to 3 days.
Servings: 2-1/2 cups
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 6 min