These thin, light pancakes can be served with warm applesauce and Maple syrup for breakfast, or filled with cooked diced ham or bacon and cheese of choice for lunch.
1/3 cup yellow split pea flour, or brown rice flour, or garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour
1/3 cup tapioca starch, or potato starch, or cornstarch
1/3 cup millet flour, or lentil flour, or quinoa flour, or garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour
1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons Vance’s DariFree® powder
1 tablespoon egg replacer powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1‐1/3 cups water
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (if serving sweet)
- Place large skillet over medium heat.
- In airtight container combine yellow split pea flour, tapioca starch, millet flour, powdered sugar, Vance’s DariFree® powder, egg replacer powder, xanthan gum, and sea salt; place on lid; shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour dry ingredients into mixing bowl; add water and vanilla (if making sweet crepes); beat until batter is smooth; set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon pure olive oil to preheated skillet; heat 30 seconds; pour 1/4 cup batter in center of skillet; using rubber scraper, spread batter thinly from center outwards.
- Cook until crepe begins to bubble; loosen around edges then flip; cook 1 minute; remove from heat to plate; serve immediately.
- Scrape skillet clean after each crepe; add 1 teaspoon pure olive oil, heat, then add 1/4 cup batter for each crepe.
Or, lay flat on wire cooling rack; cool completely; place in plastic bag and refrigerate up to 2 days; reheat on hot dry skillet.
To freeze: cool completely; place parchment paper sheets between each crepe; wrap batch tightly in plastic; place into plastic freezer bag; store in freezer up to 1 month; reheat in hot dry skillet.
Servings: 6 – 8 crepes
Prep Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 3 min