Every Body Eat s by M.H.W. Hill Page 304
1/2 cup brown rice flour, or white rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca starch, or potato starch, or cornstarch
1/4 cup millet flour, or sorghum flour, or garbanzo bean flour
1/4 cup GF oat flour, or pure rice bran
2 tablespoons DariFree powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons egg replacer powder
1-1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum, or 1 teaspoon guar gum
1/4 teaspoon agar powder, or unflavored gelatin of choice
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup light brown sugar, or evaporated cane juice, or granulated sweetener of choice
1/3 cup pure olive oil, or grapeseed oil, or high heat oil of choice
2 teaspoons GF vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- Place baking rack in third position; preheat oven to 350 degrees F; grease 8” cake with palm shortening; dust with brown rice flour; tap out excess; set aside.
- In airtight container combine brown rice flour, tapioca starch, millet flour, GF oat flour, DariFree powder, baking powder, egg replacer, xanthan gum, agar powder; place on lid; shake to combine and to introduce air; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat together water, light brown sugar, pure olive oil, vanilla extract, and lemon juice.
- Add dry ingredients to wet; beat 2 minutes to combine well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; place into preheated oven; bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove pan to wire rack; cool cake in pan 10 minutes; turn cake out onto rack; cool completely then frost and serve.
Servings: 8” cake
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 35 min