2 cups water (divided)
1 cup light brown sugar, or evaporated cane juice, or granulated sweetener of choice (not Stevia)
3/4 cup soy-free vegan cocoa powder
1 pinch fine grain sea salt
3/4 cup (4 ounces) vegan soy-free chocolate chips (Enjoy Life®), or dark dairy-free chocolate (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon GF vanilla extract
- Place saucepan over medium heat; add 1 cup water and light brown sugar; stir to dissolve light brown sugar.
- Whisk in cocoa powder and sea salt until smooth.
- Bring mixture to boil; remove pan from heat; add chocolate chips; let stand 1 minute; stir until smooth.
- Stir in GF vanilla extract; add 1 cup water; stir until mixture is smooth.
- Place saucepan into large bowl filled with ice; set aside until mixture is cool; stir occasionally.
- Pour cooled liquid into prepared ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
Prep Time: 15 min
Processing Time: 30 min