Yes, it’s top-8 free and delicious!
2-1/2 cups GF macaroni of choice, or GF pasta of choice (cooked and drained)
2-1/2 cups rice milk, or potato milk, or almond milk, or water
1/4 cup chickpea miso (South River®)
1 tablespoons pure olive oil, or soy-free vegan buttery spread (Earth Balance®), or grapeseed oil, or butter of choice
2/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1/4 cup tapioca starch, or arrowroot starch, or potato starch, or cornstarch
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika, or chili powder of choice (optional)
- Prepare GF pasta according to package directions (do not overcook); drain (do not rinse); set aside.
- Place saucepan over medium heat; add milk of choice; stir in chickpea miso and pure olive oil; bring to a simmer.
- In small airtight container combine nutritional yeast flakes, tapioca starch, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika (optional); place on lid; shake to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to saucepan; stir to combine; heat at a simmer until mixture is well combined, evenly colored, and a silky smooth consistency.
- Stir in cooked and drained GF pasta; stir to coat noodles evenly; drop heat to low; cook until sauce reaches desired thickness.
To reheat, add at least 2 tablespoons, and up to 1/4 cup milk of choice to saucepan set over low heat; add prepared macaroni and cheese; heat until warmed through; serve immediately.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
To use Vance’s DariFree: replace 2-1/2 cups rice milk with water; add 2/3 cup Vance’s DariFree powder to dry ingredients.
To omit chickpea miso: omit miso; add 2 teaspoons coconut aminos (Tropical Traditions®) plus an additional 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes, or 1/2 teaspoon sea salt plus and additional 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes.