It is so great to have this dish again. This meal can be made entirely from scratch by following recipes
for Corn Tortillas, Tangy Jack, Pulled Pork, and Enchilada Sauce.
8 corn tortillas, or tortillas of choice
1 cup Tangy Jack cheese substitute, or cheese of choice
1 cup pulled pork (cooled), or cooked ground beef, or cooked chicken, or cooked ground pork, or cooked ground turkey
2 cups Enchilada Sauce (cooled)
1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- Move baking rack to second position; preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare corn tortillas as stated in recipe on page 146, or use ready-made corn tortillas (verify gluten/wheat free). Wrap 8 tortillas in a paper towel and cook in microwave for 30 seconds. Or, place a cast iron skillet over high heat; place tortillas in skillet; rotate until all are soft and pliable.
- Coat bottom of 13” x 9” baking pan with enchilada sauce (about 1/4 cup).
- Place tangy jack cheese substitute in a bowl, place 1 cup pulled pork in another bowl, pour prepared enchilada sauce into a shallow bowl; wash and drain diced green chilies then place in small bowl.
- Working from left to right, place a single tortilla it into enchilada sauce, coating well on both sides, using a butter knife spread about 1 tablespoon tangy jack over one side of tortilla, place desired amount of pulled pork over cheese, spoon a small stream of sauce over pork, add desired amount of chilies, then carefully wrap edges of tortilla together and place seam-side-down into sauce-coated baking dish. Repeat until all tortillas have been used.
- Spread any remaining tangy jack over prepared enchiladas, pour over any remaining sauce, sprinkle remaining green chilies.
- Cover pan tightly with foil; place in preheated 425°F oven; bake 35 to 45 minutes, or until heated through.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 35 to 45 min