1-1/2 cups Cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed well
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon agave nectar, or honey
1 teaspoon parsley flakes, or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (or 3 fresh basil leaves)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Select storage container with airtight lid that can be refrigerated.
- Drain beans into colander; rinse very well; shake off excess water.
- Place half the beans into food processor or blender; blend until smooth; add lemon juice, agave nectar, parsley, sea salt, and garlic powder; blend to combine well.
- Add remaining beans; pulse to blend – leaving mixture lumpy.
- Scoop ricotta into storage container; refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Store in refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Use as you would dairy-based ricotta.
Servings: 2-1/4 cups
Prep Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: None
To replace Cannellini beans: omit Cannellini beans; add Navy beans, or Pinto beans, or black-eyed peas in same quantity as called for; proceed with recipe as stated.