This is especially yummy when used as an ingredient in Faux Cheesecake Brownies.
1-1/2 cups Cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup cashew butter (recipe page 2), or bean butter (recipe page 1)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon agave nectar, or honey
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 small pinch ground nutmeg
- Select airtight storage container with tight-fitting lid that can be refrigerated.
- Drain canned beans into colander; rinse very well; shake off excess water.
- In food processor or blender combine beans, cashew butter, lemon juice, agave, sea salt, and nutmeg; blend until smooth.
- Scoop into storage container; refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Store up to 7 days in refrigerator.
- Use as you would dairy-based cream cheese.
Servings: 2 cups
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: None
To replace Cannellini beans: omit Cannellini beans; add Navy beans, or Pinto beans, or black-eyed peas in same quantity as called for; proceed with recipe as stated.