1/2 cup sliced, blanched raw almonds, or walnuts, or skinless Brazil nuts
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
1-1/2 teaspoons chickpea miso
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Select airtight storage container with tight-fitting lid that can be refrigerated.
- In food processor or blender combine almonds and nutritional yeast; grind into fine meal.
- Add chickpea miso and sea salt; grind to desired texture; scraping down sides of processor bowl as needed.
- Pour into storage container.
- Refrigerate up to 1 month (be sure to date the jar).
- Use as you would Parmesan cheese.
Servings: 1 cup
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: None
Any miso can be used to make this recipe. Chickpea miso is the only miso that is free of soy. There are several kinds of wheat-free miso on the market that can be used in equal replacement.