8 ounces shredded cheese of choice
1-1/2 tablespoons palm shortening
1/2 cup millet flour, or sorghum flour
1/2 cup potato starch, or tapioca starch, or non-GMO cornstarch
1/4 cup brown rice flour, or white rice flour
1-1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch of paprika (scant 1/8 teaspoon)
4 to 5 tablespoons iced water
- In bowl of food processor, combine shredded cheese, shortening, millet flour, potato starch, brown rice flour, xanthan gum, sea salt, garlic powder, and paprika; pulse to combine.
- By the tablespoon, add iced water, add only enough to cause a dough ball to form.
- Turn dough out onto plastic wrap or parchment paper; separate into three sections and wrap each tightly then refrigerate at least 1 hour, and up to overnight.
- Working with one batch at a time, roll dough out to 1/8"-thickness, cut out crackers with desired cookie cutter shape; place cutouts on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in the center of preheated 375 degree F oven, bake for 10 - 14 minutes, or until cracker edges just begin to brown.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, cool crackers on sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.